The Qantas Hong Kong Lounge.


The Qantas First and Business lounge in Hong Kong is the newest lounge space in the Qantas' lounges portfolio which was recently opened in terminal one at Hong Kong International airport. The lounge location is tucked away in the northern side of the airport overlooking gate 15 which can be found to the right straight after clearing immigration. 




There is a visible sign stating the location of the lounge as you walk out of immigration although it can often be overlooked.

Gate gourmet loading onto a Qantas A380.





Plenty of power plugs located around the lounge.

One of my favourite features of this lounge is the open bar which is located just  behind the entrance as you walk in which sets a relaxing atmosphere as I was drawn to the bar for a drink and a bite to eat. I noticed that it was the perfect spot sit and people watch and before I knew it my eyes began to wander and I felt like I was at a bar ready to mingle with fellow loungers. 


Tap beer is also available for those who like a glass of frothy cold goodness after spending a day in the Hong Kong heat. 

Something was definitely not right as I've never felt so relaxed people watching while taking a sip of the tasty house special chi chi cocktail, my mouth is producing saliva as I pull the memories from my brain archive and I swear I can taste the tangy, sweet and alcoholic beverage like it was yesterday. 


A punchbowl of self serve sparkling and a variety of white and red wines are also on a corner of the bar.

After finishing the first chi chi I was getting hungry so I decided to order a dish of the bbq pork and rice which I've heard of countless reviews from fellow friends. I was anticipating a good meal and had my expectations set on neutral as I sat and waited for the chef to prepare my meal. A few minutes of waiting I noticed the lounge had a steady flow of guests coming into the lounge as there was a Qantas flight to Sydney which was departing in the next hour. 



After waiting a few impatient minutes the efficient and very friendly waiter delivered my plate of food accompanied by another chi chi to which she giggled as she could see the eagerness in my eyes. I began eating the pork and it was like I've never eaten bbq pork before in my life, it was delicious. The  pork sweet and juicy which went so well with the rice and on top of that was the crunchy pickles which was the cherry or should I say pickle on top. 

I could see why all of these plates were cleared spotless by the diners as it was the perfect dish and sizing for a lounge. Accompanied by a chi chi it was a perfect choice for a lounge dining option.  



The chi chi. 


I decided to venture further into the lounge to check out the space and design that had mixed review's from fellow travellers. I found the lounge had plenty of different seating scattered around to which I would categorised into different zones as taking a walk down the concrete flooring revealed different area's of couch seating as well as table seating which was separated by green vegetation and screens. 



Seating location behind the bar which has views of the gates.

Reading material.


The lounge also had a more substantial western buffet on offer which had a whole lot of salad's as well as hot dishes. I observed there was a nice selection of dessert on offer and a standout choice was the caramel cheesecake. 



Healthy options.


Tasty and highly addictive cheesecake. 


As I continued further into the lounge past the dining area I was faced with more seating area's as well as a service desk with also serves as a exit which takes you down to gate 16.


Wine, juice and snacks located further into the lounge.


As you all can see the lounge is pretty extensive for a off shore lounge and I think Qantas have done a pretty impressive job for a lounge in size and space. The one thing that really struck me like a baseball bat as I was in the lounge was how I miss Australia. I sometimes don't realise and forget that being in a foreign country for a long period would cause me to miss home so much. 

Hearing fellow Australians talk in the lounge put a smile on my face as I knew the moment the sun rose the next day I would be home. I also guess that's when mixed feeling start to sink in as you're in the "I don't want to leave but I miss home" feeling. 


It's always a pleasure seeing the flying red roo or in this case the metallic neon roo. 

Gate 15 ready to board customers. 

1 comment: